Information about the safe and hygienic operation of our hotel
Last updated: 26.11.2020
Brascos Hotel in Rethymno, Crete continues its operation after the COVID-19 outburst. We are still here to provide you with great accommodation experiences. We hold the importance of informing you about the measures we follow to ensure the health and safety of our employees, customers, and facilities. Our teams strictly carry out the cleaning of all the accommodation areas, carefully following the cleaning, hygiene, and disinfection protocols. These protocols refer to:
- Training and certifying our employees on a regular basis about hygiene issues
- Clearly established time-schedule for disinfection and cleaning in all areas
- Conspicuous placement of hand sanitizers
- Frequent cleaning and washing of outdoor and highly touched surfaces and thing in walkways, staircase and elevator
- Immediate response to an off-cycle cleaning issue
Having in mind the current concerns about the new coronavirus 2019 (covid19), we have established accommodation rules in order, in conjunction with the appropriate hygiene protocols and operating procedures, to ensure the well-being of our guests during their stay with us. These accommodation rules include:
- When Approaching any indoor service area (reception, bar, buffet), we recommend our guests to keep a distance of two (2) meters from the next in order of priority. For this reason, floor markings have been installed.
- We inform about the maximum use of our lifts by 1 adult, with a recommendation to use a face mask.
- We reduced by 1/3 the capacity of our restaurants, reforming the spaces to meet the new required distances. We have abolished the breakfast / dinner buffet so that all our edibles are served only with the help of our trained staff.
- We recommend our guests when entering and leaving our restaurants to use the approved hand sanitizer that is placed for this purpose at all entrances of our restaurants.
- In avoidance of any health risks from products and / or services of third parties that are consumed inside the hotel, we do not allow external food delivery services.
- We have placed signage (in 3 languages) in all common areas & within the work areas.
- Disinfect room keys with special UV lamps.
- Possibility of online check-in to anyone who wishes.
- To avoid frequent contact of the cleaning staff with the customer, we have established the cleaning to be done every third day of your stay.
- We replaced all our cleaning products, with certified antifungal action.
- We are contracted by a doctor specially trained in suspected Covid-19 cases.
- We fully comply with the H.A.C.C.P. food safety system.
- All our external partners are certified.
- We encourage our guests to get in touch with any member of our team for suggestions and / or comments that will improve our operation.
Our goal is to provide high quality personalized services. All members of our teams are enthusiastic professionals, at the disposal of our guests, respond promptly and effectively to their requests.
For our employees, our company has taken the following measures:
- Restrictions are observed for a reduced number of people in their workplace.
- We preemptively provided all the prescribed protective equipment.
- We continue to take measures for continuous disinfection of desktops, as well as public and private spaces.
- We have taken measures to limit social gatherings of staff and the safe distance between employees is maintained (2+ meters).
As part of our commitment to the health and well-being of our visitors, employees and society, we are closely monitoring developments regarding the new coronavirus 2019 (covid19) with regular updates and guidance from the National Public Health Organization (NOC). D.Y.) and the Ministry of Health, as well as by additional governmental and European organizations. Based on the guidance we have received and the general state of our readiness, we are confident that our facilities and services are still safe and that our teams are ready to serve our guests.
I am very proud of all the staff of our company who in these unprecedented circumstances demonstrates the highest level of individual, social and professional responsibility. In addition to the immediate observance of strict rules of hygiene, operation, communication and coordination, they are exemplary hosts.
We appreciate every visitor who honors us with his presence at our destination in Rethymno, Crete.
President & Director Consultant S.DIMITRAKAKIS XTE SA